Shark Fights 13

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I hate sending these post fight messages but they do help me get past the fight. I've been going through a real rough patch lately. I've experienced a lot of misfortune and bad luck. Its not an excuse. It just is what it is.
I'm sure that loosing a split decision will delay me getting back to the UFC but I am remaining positive. For now, I'm going to take a week off of the gym and then get back to work. I'm exited to fight again asap.
Most of all, though, I want to thank all of the people that tuned in to watch me fight. I hope that everyone enjoyed the show. For me, having good fights have always been more important than wins and losses.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill

Grayson De Ritis September 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Keep forging ahead, Keith. Maybe spend some time on two wheels throughout the desert? I know that always helps me out, brother.

Best wishes,
Gray of 6th-Round.com

Billy Walsh,  September 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Keith, you are a very exciting fighter and one of my favorite to watch. It's obvious that you love the sport and are willing to push through hard times in order to regain success. It will all be so much sweeter in the end. You have great teammates, coaches and fans behind you that will help you move ahead. You are an inspiration to many people and many fighters, myself included. I dove into pro MMA well before I was ready. Three years ago I won my one and only ammy fight and have dropped 6 pro bouts in a row. This weekend I begin my trek out of the darkness and it's guys like you, with your drive and determination, that help keep me inspired. Keep fighting my friend and keep your head up (outside of the cage of course, inside keep that chin down).

Cody the Clydesdale September 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM

your still my wife & my favorite MMA fighter buddy. U are awsome, keep your chin up & forge ahead.

I wish I lived closer to Alb, I'd be a member of your new gym in a heart beat!!!

Anonymous,  September 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Really fun to watch and really hope to seeing you soon, keep the good work, you'll for sure get there...

Gary September 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Keep your head up Keith... We still believe in you and will always support you, bro!

Andrew Leech aka Zod,  September 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Heed Chirchill's words and never say die. Your return to top form will be even sweeter. You have the talent but just not getting the breaks. Happens to us all but your day will come.

Lesley September 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Keith-

Even now you are concerned that people enjoyed the show. Put faith on _your_ side. Winston Churchill also said, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Take time for yourself, stay strong and you will accomplish even more great things.

Forrest J September 14, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Keith, If there is one thing that I've learned from watching you fight. It's that even if things don't go your way whether it be inside, or out of the octagon. You still manage to weather the storm, and give it all you've got.

I feel as if you've made me understand that win or lose, how hard you work, and how much you put into training. Is what truly makes a fighter great. I've taken this to heart with my training.

Stay strong, and keep pushing the redefining how far your limits can go.

Siri September 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Keith-

We got your back.

What was with the referee push though?

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 12:11 PM

You are a great fighter and it was an awesome fight! I understand going through hard times and I liked your quote from Churchill. I needed to read that and will be posting somewhere I can see it daily!

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 3:20 PM

you look like the aftermath of a weasel raping a rat missionary style

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Keep pushing Keith. We're behind you.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Keep going Keith, were here for ya!

P.s. It was great to see some of your awesome ground game.

Anonymous,  September 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hey Keith, your still a great fighter and you have a ton of fight. I am here in Albuquerque and occasionally see you at Jim whites cafe. Keep it up buddy. Oh and by the way you totally won the Matt Hamill fight.

Billy Walsh,  September 21, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Keith, I started the process of correcting my 6 fight slide. Saturday night I handled my opponent and finished him via triangle a minute into the first round. Can't wait for you to get back on track too my friend.

Anonymous,  September 25, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Shit son, nobody's style makes me happier than yours mate. I wait for the day you come back to UFC bruds. Mean 1! woo!

Anonymous,  September 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I agree with Two anons ago, that Hamill fight was yours, but whatever let's keep our eyes to the future!