Monday, January 9, 2012

Thanks for everyone's support. I dropped the ball last Sat but no excuses. I'm just grateful for the opportunity.

Erik January 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM

You got caught with a couple punches, that can happen to anyone. You went in ready and faught a good fight to that point, nothing to be ashamed of. It was great to see you back and we all look forward to seeing you in there again.

Darren,  January 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Nonsense. You didn’t drop the ball. While many of us were loading up on Christmas cookies and candy, you spent endless hours preparing for this fight. Why? You are an extraordinary competitor who appreciates the fans that makes MMA even possible. You wrapped your hands, strapped on the gloves and walked into the octagon ready for battle. For that, I am grateful. Also, you are one of the nicest people in professional sports. Thank you.

@Kessler131,  January 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Dear Keith Jardine,

I would like to see you move on from being an active MMA competitor. Beating two former UFC champions is amazing.

You've got a great "tough guy" look, and I would like to see you have continued success in movies.

Likewise, with the growth of MMA, I believe many students could benefit from you becoming a trainer.

It's been a hell of an MMA career. I've really enjoyed your fighting style. I no longer wish to see you absorb physical damage.

Dan January 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I have to know, did you really drop 19 pounds in 24 hours? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. WHO can fight, let alone stand up after losing more weight than most people do in a year? I have no doubt the fight would have played out differently had you not lost all that weight at once. Anyone that criticizes you is poorly misinformed. That said, you're the man and you can do anything you want.

rensle January 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Don't most fighters get at least a couple of months to prepare for a fight? Last I heard he was still waiting on a fighter in late Novemeber...and then fought in early January...in a new weight class...against the class' champ. Really?! A little better scheduling probably would have done some good. Hopefully SF starts greasing the machine to run more smoothly.

Nas January 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

How did you lose so much weight in a very short time? That was amazing...Is there any way you could share how you did it?